2004-08-22

Being a non-native English speaker

My friends probably have several tales from my confusions and mismatches in English, still a foreign language for me. Now it was a headline who caught me off-guard. A second reading was necessary to figure it out:

"Vietnam Vet Says Has No Proof for Claim Kerry Lied"

Despite being aware of the whole Kerry issue, my first reading was "Vietnam Veterinary", which is good up to "claim". Can we call this a naive/non-native garden path?

As a bonus, I must confess that it took me quite some time before I figure out the meaning of GOP and POW. Now, I just use Google:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Wonderful post. This is most inspiring post. I love to read such kind of material. Blogger did a great job here.
buy Lortab online

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home