2004-08-08

Rewriting the Bible was never so hip...

An interesting piece on an interesting young man's interpretation of King James. It ain't your father's King James, though. I've heard rumors of an Ebonics version of King James too, but I've never actually seen it. Until I do, however, I suppose I will have to make do with that of Welsh performance artist, Rick Lacey's effort, from "The Word on the Street":

"Genesis 1:1-2: First off, nothing ... but God. No light, no time, no substance, no matter. Second off, God says the word, and WHAP! Stuff everywhere! The cosmos in chaos: no shape, no form, no function -- just darkness ... total. And floating above it all, God's Holy Spirit, ready for action.

Not exactly the King James Bible, eh?

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/heraldleader/living/religion/9333338.htm

1 Comments:

Blogger doer said...

Hello, just visited your bible blog, I also have a bible related website, it's about some books which is helpful to understand the God's Words

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home