2004-09-11

Become a Laird or Lady Today!

This one is totally off-topic, but as I cannot find something new, relevant, insightful, or all of the above, so here it goes. The title is a spam I got today. For only 69.99 I could buy one square foot of land in Scotland and legally use the title of "Laird", "widely recognised as the equivalent of the English title ‘Lord'." Very attractive huh? I have enough problems with my long name (more on this later) and an extra "Laird" would only make things worse. I do not doubt there are dumb people around, but this much? It reminds me of old stories of con men who supposedly used to sell properties in touristic sites in Rio de Janeiro to dumb tourists. Similar idea, the title one, but apparently totally legal. Un-infix-believable!

Scottish Title Gift Set

1 Comments:

Blogger W1ll13 30% Hacker said...

Excellent idea for a gift. Almost as good as naming a star for your loved one for $29.99. I thought I might add my 2 cents to this post by offering an example sentence using Laird that I mined from the OED:

Wha the deil hae we gotten for a king But a wee wee German lairdie? [Hogg Jacob. Relics (1819) I. 83]

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home