2004-12-03

We cater to all (who would buy from us)

I'm just reminded of a little chuckle I had a couple years back over two signs that were posted in the Shoeperfresh in Branford--or is it Branhaven (?). Each was posted at an express checkout line. At one end of the store came a sign with the expected "10 Items or Less." At the opposite end, at the very same time time on the very same day mind you, came the second sign, which stated "10 Items or Fewer," much to my liking. Who ever said we all can't get along, purists and non-purists alike!

Tip: For any LingGrads out there, the afforementioned store is SO much nicer than the other option you people have in the middle of New Haven--you know what I mean, it rhymes with 'slaws'--and it's easier to reach, I've found, than the places in Hamden. Just take 95 North. Strike that. Maybe. I forgot about all the construction which might still be taking place in that section of 95. You could always try good ole Route 1 too.

6 Comments:

Blogger SCO'Re von (temporarily at least) Tübingen GmbH said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:43 AM  
Blogger SCO'Re von (temporarily at least) Tübingen GmbH said...

Come to think of it, SHEWperfresh might serve better given Larry's 'Structure and History of English Words' class the last two years.

3:02 AM  
Blogger The Neologiac Spooneristocrat said...

Did I hear a reference to SHEW? Given that so much of my life as a LingGrad has revolved around SHEW the past 13 weeks, I'm all for "SHEWperfresh!" But why SHEWt Hamden? SHEWre, there mightn't be an interstate there, but the S & S's on Dixwell aren't THAT hard to get to, I aSHEWre you. Branford, schmanford. Oh, and by the way, SCO'Re, it's nice to hear stories of Tübingen from you! We LingGrads of Eli SHEWre do missSHEW.

2:52 AM  
Blogger SCO'Re von (temporarily at least) Tübingen GmbH said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:01 PM  
Blogger SCO'Re von (temporarily at least) Tübingen GmbH said...

Ah, SHEW, demz wer da dayz. I really liked the class but it took so long going through all their answers to the "essay"-type questions each week. MissSH(Y)[EW]'all too. Apparently I had a real problem removing comments to this post. I guess the first step along the garden path to recovery is admitting one's problem... :-D

1:16 PM  
Blogger The Neologiac Spooneristocrat said...

Um, yeah, grading for SHEW was amazingly time-consuming for me too. Even (helping with) the design of new problem sets was amazingly time-consuming...maybe I shouldn't go into this in-depth in a public blog like this, hehe. There's always e-mail.

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home