2005-04-05

Police in Idaho Say Strippers Aren't Art

By REBECCA BOONE, Associated Press Writer
BOISE, Idaho - Art night at Erotic City apparently wasn't artistic enough. Police raided the Boise bar Monday night for violating the city's nudity ordinance, which requires that dancers wear at least pasties and a thong unless they are engaging in a performance with "serious artistic merit."

The club had tried to beat the ordinance by distributing pencils and sketch pads to patrons during special twice-weekly "art nights," when the dancers performed nude.

This post isn't linguistically relevant per se, but it does address a crucial debate of the definition of art and thus free speech and the government's role in interpreting and enforcing. Nothing against Boise policemen, of course, but who are they to determine art, isn't art eternal and in the eye of the beholder? I am angered and feel this is a slippery slope we'd best leave unmounted!

2 Comments:

Blogger blogger1272 said...

I definitely like your site, bookmarked!

I've got a penis enlargement reviews related site. It covers penis enlargement reviews related articles.

Drop by when you can.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Smallman said...

I skim a lot of blogs, and so far yours is in the Top 3 of my list of favorites. I'm going to dive in and try my hand at it, so wish me luck.

It'll be in a totally different area than yours (mine is about best penis enlargement pills) I know, it sounds strange, but it's like anything, once you learn more about it, it's pretty cool. It's mostly about best penis enlargement pills related articles and subjects.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home